• Create a Wi-Fi hotspot anywhere by connecting a 3G/4G USB modem
• Transfer rates of up to 150Mbps for quick local sharing of files
• Compatible with 3G and 4G USB modems, with 4G providing you with up to 150Mbps download and 50Mbps upload speeds
• Good coverage with the 2.4Ghz signal band
• One WAN/LAN 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
• USB 2.0 port for connecting a 3G/4G USB modem or a mobile phone
• 1700mAh internal rechargeable battery gives you up to seven hours of portable use
• Restrict access to websites and when the Wi-Fi connection should be on with parental controls
• IP based quality of service (QoS) lets you prioritise different users to guarantee them a certain level of bandwidth for their task e.g. streaming or gaming
• One internal antenna can provide you with a range of up to 100 metres (indoors) and up to 300 metres (outdoors)What can I use this Wi-Fi router for?
Working with a range of 3G and 4G service provider USB modems you can use this router to share the mobile broadband connection it provides with Wi-Fi enabled devices. As long as you can get a 3G/4G connection you will get an internet connection for your computers, mobile phones, gaming devices and more. Up to 150Mbps transfer speeds means you can locally share files quickly.
Compatibility with a 4G connection means you can expect up to 150Mbps download and 50Mbps upload speeds. This provides you with minimal buffering while streaming and the ability to download within seconds. To ensure users get the connection they expect while they are streaming you can configure the IP based QoS via the web interface. Using this you can allocate a device a certain amount of bandwidth for their online activities.
How secure is my Wi-Fi connection?
By default your connection isn’t secured by authentication and encryption services, however you can easily change this by going into the web based settings page, to setup WEP/WPA/WPA2 services. You can also activate wireless protection with the one click WPS button, to secure your wireless network quickly and without you needing to enter in your password.
Can I use this for more than sharing a 3G/4G connection?
The Ethernet port can be used to plug in a WAN or LAN internet connection, therefore you can connect this with your ADSL or cable modem to have it share your internet connection. Alternatively, you can connect it to an ADSL, cable or hotel’s LAN cable, to share its connection to multiple devices. Support for tethering lets you plug in your mobile phone into the USB port to share the mobile internet connection it has. You can also set up the router to use as a backup connection for your ADSL or cable modem, so you can get continuous internet connection when yours suddenly goes down.
How portable is this router?
Powered by its 1700mAh rechargeable battery you can get up to seven hours of portable Wi-Fi from this router. It can be charged using the included mains charger or by an in car charger as well. Measuring in at just 76mm x 105mm x 21.8mm (W x D x H), the router is compact enough for you to take on your travels. So you can get an internet connection while you are on the go.
To find a full list of compatible USB modems and phones please click here