1. Agreement between you and Maplin:
Maplin Electronics (Maplin) provides expert help in removing the complexity of the Smart Home world. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to all of the Service(s) used by any entity or person (“You”) and these Terms are between You and Maplin. Your use of this Service indicates that You agree to these Terms of Service and that they apply to the Service used by you. If you do not agree with any portion of these terms with respect to the Service, then do not use the Service.
2. Definition of a Smart Home Survey:
Service provided by Maplin and subject to these terms include (I) An onsite visit and expert help performed by a representative of Maplin (Smart Home Surveyor). The service is subject to the limitations in these Terms.
3. What to expect from a Smart Home Survey visit;
- Our Smart Home Surveyor will arrive at the predetermined time, giving a courtesy call when en route to you and your property. Please note that if for any reasons due to circumstances beyond our control our Smart Home Surveyor may be late or need to reschedule. If this occurs, you will be notified as soon as possible via telephone call by a Maplin representative.
- Our Smart Home Surveyor will be clean, presentable and will carry and present a valid I.D badge upon arrival, which can be checked by calling our Customer Service Team on 01709 263 854*
- Our Smart Home Surveyor will find you the best recommendation, fully explaining the feature and benefits of the solution offered.
- You should expect to have a detailed personalised Smart Home Survey report within 2 working days after Your visit, which will be sent via the email address You provided.
After 3 working days of Your Smart Home Survey, our Smart Home Surveyor will give You a courtesy call to ensure all Your questions have been answered and that You fully understand how the report works.
4. Limitations of service:
Service is subject to the availability of Maplin Smart Home Surveyors, offered in limited areas only and scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Maplin shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance due to any cause beyond Maplin’s control.
You must be at least 18 years of age to schedule a Smart Home Survey. If You are using the Service on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that You have the authority to bind such organization to these Terms and You agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such organisation.
6. Your details:
7. Your responsibilities for in-person Service;
Please be on time for Your scheduled Smart Home Survey appointment. Should you need to reschedule or a Smart Home Survey is no longer required, You should make us aware at the earliest convenience by call our Customer Service Team on 01790 263 854*
- You must ensure that at least one non-vulnerable adult of at least 18 years of age, in addition to the Smart Home Surveyor, is present during the entire performance of Service.
- Where the Smart Home Survey will be provided at Your home or another location controlled by You, you will provide the Smart Home Surveyor with a safe place to work and safe access to and from the location. We reserve the right to cancel the appointment on site if we deem the area to be unsafe.
- You will ensure that You either own or have permission from the property owner to have a Smart Home Survey performed at the property.
- Maplin will not accept any liability for any consequential losses or damages caused by advice gave by our home surveyors, our home surveyors offer expert advice based on their training and experiences but cannot be held accountable if this advice causes consequential losses due to circumstances they could not predict.
- Maplin will not offer any form of compensation or goodwill for loss of earnings or other financial loss caused by an appointment being cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances outside of our control.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Maplin (and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any and all losses, costs, obligations, liabilities, damages, actions, suits, causes of action, claims, demands, liens, encumbrances, security interests, settlements, judgments, and other expenses, of whatever type or nature, including, but not limited to, damage or destruction to property, injury (including death) to any person or persons, which are asserted against, incurred, imposed upon or suffered by Maplin by reason of, or arising from, Your acts or omissions, including, but not limited to, breach of these Terms, intellectual property infringements, or failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
9. Contacting Maplin:
You can contact Maplin about support issues by sending an email to Maplin.Customersupport@maplin.co.uk or by telephone on 01709 263 854
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may modify or replace these terms and conditions in order to:
- Comply with the law, regulations, industry guidance or codes of practice;
- Rectify errors or ambiguities; and
- Reflect changes in the scope or nature of the protection provided to you.
We will give you thirty (30) days’ written notice of any change that could have a material effect on your rights or obligations. The new terms and conditions will take effect from the date specified in the notice. If you do not agree with the changes, you may cancel the plan by notifying us within that notice period and you will receive a pro rata refund of any payments that you have made for the unexpired period of your plan.
IMPORTANT DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Domestic & General Services Limited, Maplin Electronic Limited and its business partners will use your information (which you or others have provided to us) to provide the requested service and for administration (including the recovery of any amounts owing, where applicable), marketing, market research, customer surveys, regulatory reporting, to check and verify your identity and analytics and testing purposes. Your information may also be shared with other members of the Domestic & General Group of Companies and selected companies acting on our behalf. We, along with other members of the Domestic & General Group of Companies, its business partners and third parties may use your information to tell you about any offers, products or services which may be of interest to you. You may therefore be contacted by mail, telephone, email and/or other electronic messaging services unless you have asked not to be. You may (for a small fee of £10) request a copy of your data. If your personal details change, if you wish to change your marketing preferences or if you wish to opt out of receiving marketing information, please let us know by writing to the Freepost Plus RTKS-CLRA-GRYE, Data Protection Officer, Domestic & General, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth CV12 8JP. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by mail or telephone write to us at the address above.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
This plan is only for your benefit. No rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan.
GOVERNING LAW AND STATUTORY RIGHTS
We will communicate with you in English and English Law will apply unless we agree otherwise with you. Nothing in the conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights. These rights include the right to claim for a refund, repair, or replacement for up to six years (in Scotland it’s up to five years after you become aware, or could with reasonable diligence have become aware there was a problem) if your electrical goods were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose when they were sold to you. After the first six months you will have to prove that the goods had a fault when sold to you and the longer it takes for the fault to appear the more difficult this will be. For further information about your statutory rights contact the Citizens Advice Bureau: www.adviceguide.org.uk or 03454 04 05 06.
CUSTOMERS WITH DISABILITIES
We offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities including providing our documents in Braille, large print or audio formats. For further information please contact us (see ‘Customer services details’ above).
You should be aware that extended warranties are available from other high street outlets, insurance companies and other providers. Cover may also be available for limited periods on some appliances from your credit card provider. Some household contents insurance policies offer cover for accidental damage, fire or theft. However, you may find that an excess is payable and a claim may affect the cost of subsequent insurance premiums.
WHEN CAN YOU BUY A PLAN?
If you decide not to buy a plan when you buy your product, any written quotation given to you will be available on the same terms and conditions for a period of 45 days. Any offers, such as discounts and vouchers, which are linked to the purchase of the plan will also remain available for that period.
MEETING THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER YOUR PLAN
Domestic & General Services Limited is the provider of the care plans and the obligations under these plans are backed by assets held within a trust fund for your protection.
This plan is provided by Domestic & General Services Limited. Registered in England and Wales.
Company No. 1970780. Registered office: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4JS .