• ADSL (RJ11) connection allows you to connect directly into your phone line, whilst the WAN (RJ45) cable connection allows you to attach this router direct to a modem or existing router to extend your network
• Total wireless bandwidth of 900Mbps lets you handle everyday network tasks, for example web browsing to media streaming for a small home network
• Simultaneous dual-band 450Mbps 2.4GHz and 450Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to run on higher bands
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports provide ultra-fast wired connections for your network
• Twin USB 2.0 ports allow you to attach external drives to backup and share data across your home or office network
• ASUSWRT graphical interface provides set up, control and management of your network devices
• Allows set up of wireless networks for visitor use, safeguarding your passwords and network resourcesWhat can I expect from this router?
Ideal for a small home or office network, the ASUS DSL-N66U provides stable wireless access for multiple users running basic day-to-day tasks, such as e-mail, web browsing or downloading of files. Whilst the uninterruptable gigabit wired connections allow for excellent connectivity if you are sharing large files or gaming across your network.
What can I expect from this router’s wireless functionality?
Three internal, two dBi antennas will distribute a dual-band wireless signal throughout your home or office - 450Mbps 2.4GHz and 450Mbps 5GHz frequencies for up to 900Mbps total bandwidth. This gives multiple users web access along with media streaming capabilities across your wireless network. WPS encryption allows you to pair wireless devices to the router securely at the press of a button. Guest wireless access can be configured to allow your visitors to use the Internet, but keeping them separate from your main network or any other connected devices.
What wired connections will I get with this router?
The ADSL (RJ11) connection allows this modem to directly attach to your phone line, whilst a gigabit WAN port will allow you to connect it directly to your modem to expand an existing network. Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports provide you with very fast connections to allow for quick file transfers across your wired network. Twin USB 2.0 ports enable you to attach a printer to your network or external storage, so you can backup to one location and share files across your network.
What management functions does this router provide?
Included with this router is ASUSWRT, a web based graphical user interface which allows you to quickly set up and manage your network.
This includes allocating bandwidth across devices, setting parental controls and creating guest Wi-Fi access points. The application is web based so you can keep an eye on your network from a portable device.